Newborn Session Information
We pride ourselves on offering clients a warm and welcoming experience coupled with professional service and beautiful imagery . We are a full service business providing canberra families with something to suit all lifestyles. Sessions are held in our purpose built, dedicated newborn studio located in Kambah A.C.T.
10 reasons to choose Bronwyn Parsons Photography
- We are a professional full service business which means we fully re-touch all images presented, photograph with a finished print in mind and invest much more time with you behind the scenes than just providing a photo session date and photos.
- We invest a considerable amount of time in planning your session, talking with you throughout the process to personalise your session and ensure you're fully prepared.
- We have a five star rating on google and many happy client reviews available online.
- Our extensive experience in the technical aspects of photography and lighting means you can be confident the images we produce are of a consistently high standard.
- We've invested in specialized training and professional development to ensure we have the skills and knowledge to safely handle and transition a newborn through a series of poses.
- We care about the little details, and take time to achieve these pre, during and post-session.
- We practice composite editing during post-processing to remove hands supporting newborns positioned on an arm, in a parents hands, suspended in a basket, for outdoor and creative edits or in poses that require a newborns neck to be supported.
- We've invested time in developing advanced post-processing skills allowing us to produce a custom signature look without the use of actions or automation. We take time to correct common newborn skin conditions post-process including baby acne, newborn skin flakes, uneven skin tones, jaundice and area's where the skin is highly saturated in reds and magentas.
- We consistently produces amazingly beautiful work that exceeds our clients expectations.
- Our sessons are baby led. This means you can be confident we will not force your baby into a pose they are not comfortable with, that we will be respectful, gentle, patient and treat each baby with kindness and love.
When is the best time to book a newborn photographer
It's best to secure your booking while you're still pregnant, ideally before the end of your second trimester. We take a limited number of newborn clients per month to ensure dates are set aside when your bundle of joy arrives. Sometimes babies arrive much later than expected and limited dates do become available at the last minute. If you've had your baby already, it's worth contacting us to ask about availability.
What's the best timing for newborn photos
The best timing for those cute posed curly newborn positions is between 5 to 16 days after birth. When babies are still this new we can comfortably sculpt them into the classic posed newborn photography positions you see in our portfolio. Newborns under 16 days have limited awareness of the micro adjustments we make in posing them, are very sleepy and are still able to curl up into fetal position, making the experience much more comfortable for them.
What if my baby is over a month old?
We welcome infants up to 3 months for newborn sessions with the understanding that the session will have the same newborn feel and styling but will be less posed for your baby's safety and comfort We incorporate newborn props and styling adapting to more comfortable and achievable positions for older babies over a month.
Where are newborn photography sessions held
Newborn photography sessions are held at Bronwyn Parsons Photography Canberra studio located in Kambah, A.C.T. Our cozy climate controlled studio is perfect for those cold chilly Canberra days. Our studio is specifically designed for newborn photography and equipped with everything we need to produce beautiful photos you see in our portfolio. We understand leaving the house with a newborn is a huge undertaking but don't worry, we'll guide on on how to prepare to make the experience as effortless as possible. Our clients enjoy the opportunity to have a complete rest and even pick up some invaluable settling techniques by watching us sooth your baby. We welcome siblings for the family segment which provides Mum's and Dad's with a couple of hours to unwind, eat with both hands, center your mind or just soak up the beauty of a new baby.
Are family included in Newborn sessions
Of course. We include family and newborn photography, photographing a small selection of immediate family photo's with the greater portion of our time spent photographing your newborn baby. Newborn sessions are open to immediate family only (2 adults and up to 3 siblings).
We welcome sibling attendance for the family segment of the session scheduled in the last 30 minutes for morning sessions or the first 30 minutes for afternoon sessions. This is the perfect amount of time for toddlers and for our photographer to caputre the very special connection siblings share.
Where possible, we encourage parents to make alternative care arrangements for siblings so that Dad's or Partners can attend the full duration of the session. We are located 5 minutes to Kambah Adventure Playground and Kambah Inflatable World, if it isn't possible for both parents to remain at the session.
Grandparents and extended family
Mini extended family photography is available to pre-book at a special rate if you have also booked a newborn session. This is a wonderful opportunity to capture that special connection between grandparents and grandchildren.
What to wear and what to bring for your newborn session
We provide our clients with a comprehensive newborn session guide detailing what to wear, what to bring and how to prepare to maximize our time together. As part of our pre-session services, we schedule a phone consultation to learn about what's meaningful to you and of anything personal you'd like to incorporate. We run through any questions you may still have after reading through the session gude, talk about how the session works and ensure your fully prepared ahead of time.
Safety and the comfort of your baby is prioritised above everything else at your session. We follow each baby's lead with what they are and aren't comfortable doing and will never force them into a pose that causes them distress or compromises their safety.. Specific poses require the hands of an assistant to support a baby into position and with the end result achieved through advanced composite editing techniques to remove hands post-process.
Our photographer Bronwyn, is trained in all aspects of newborn safety, having completed one to one in person training and workshops. Bronwyn is a graduate member of the International Newborn Photography Association , is very experienced, insured, registered, fully immunised and has an established health and safety policy to ensure our studio is kept illness free. We adhere to best industry practice for newborn safety during sessions and will:
- never leave a baby unattended in a prop or on a newborn posing bag
- force a baby into pose
- use composite editing for poses, props and positions that require an assistants hands supporting the baby
- will always use the safety strap on the camera
- will never put a baby inside a glass prop or inside a prop that could break
- will never leave a sibling unattended with a newborn
- will recommend that siblings do not attend the full duration of a session to enable the photographer to focus entirely on your newborns safety.
What happens at your baby's Newborn Session
After a big feed before leaving home, your baby will arrive sleepy from the car ride. Our studio is kept toasty warm for your baby's comfort with the soothing sound of white noise playing in the background. After everyones hands are sterilized, we gently remove your baby from it's car capsule and undress them ready to be photographed. We pose your baby into a variety of classic newborn positions working at your baby's own pace to determine which positions they are most comfortable in. We pose them on a special surface specifically designed for newborn posing and adorn your baby with beauitful flowing wraps, hair flowers, beanies and accessories alternating various styles and poses as we photograph them at different angles. We then photograph them in some our our specialty sourced props and finally we do your family photos. Sessions average 3 hours stopping for smaller top up feeds throughout to keep your baby very sleepy, comfortable and settled.
How we help you prepare for your Newborn Session
We offer prospective clients an obligation free pre-booking consultation.. On booking clients are provided a comprehensive session guide explaining how the session works, what you need to bring, when to notify us of your baby's birth, what to wear and most importantly how to prepare your baby to increase opportunity for squishy newborn poses to maximize our time together. We then go through any questions you may have and discuss the finer details during your pre-session phone consultation so that you have everything prepared before your baby arrives and can concentrate on welcoming your baby into the world.
Do you provide pregnancy newborn photography
Yes we offer a bump to baby package, providing value and savings by bundling maternity photography and newborn photography together. For information on our bump to baby package prices please click here
Can I see examples of your newborn work
You certainly can. Examples of our work can be found in the video on this page, under the newborn section in our portfolio or on our facebook page where we post sneak peeks as we are editing client sessions. Our facebook page is a lovely welcoming community of Canberra parents, we sometimes advertise last minute discounted newborn session openings on our page and welcome you to join.
When will our photos be ready
Most of the magic happens before and after the session with the largest portion of your session undertaken during the pre-session planning and post-session editing phase. We never present un-finshed work which means your images are presented beatuifully retouched ready for you to make selections approximately 20 business days (or sooner!) after the session. Digital only packages are delivered via a private online gallery. Print/Digital packages are viewed and ordered in person.
What products do you offer
Bronwyn Parsons Photography is one of the best affordable newborn photographers in Canberra offering just the essentials right up to full service photography, We offer both digital collections and à la carte printed products including ready to hang canvas, acyrlic wall art, wood block wall art, metal wall art, traditional framed wall art, torn edge fine art prints, Heirloom albums and beatuiful ready to frame matte boxed prints.
Do you have payment plans:
You are welcome to set up a payment plan with us and pay in installments, with the balance of your account due prior to the release of digital images or print orders being placed.
How to book your session:
When you're ready to secure our sevices with payment of the creation fee ($150), simply complete our online booking or contact us to express your interest and discuss your needs. We respond within 24 hours to establish dates and send an invoice for the creation fee at this time. On receiving payment of the creation fee, we confirm your session by email, sending a newborn session guide and comprensive session information. We then commence planning and pre-session services with you